Originally written for otakugamers.uk
All of us
hentai (used in it’s correct translation I honestly wasn’t calling any of you an anime), pervs, um, moe fans have probably following this game with interest, Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni is produced by Hiroaki Tsutsumi and the team behind the Senran Kagura games. Bhikkhuni is part of an expanded universe that comprises: Mermaid – An anime streaming in the US on Funimation, Bhikkhuni – Released exclusively on the PS Vita and Siren – A Japanese Android and iOS game.
Released in Japan late last year Bhikkhuni has now been promised a Western release during 2016 by PQube.
Almost incredulously, with Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni, Kenichiro Takaki and the Marvelous team have created a game even more licentious, debauched and titillating (see what I did there?) than the Senran Kagura franchise. Sure to inflame the Social Justice Warriors and delight niche gamers everywhere, this title certainly won’t see you sitting on the fence. I can already see the arguments on some of the more mainstream gaming sites. PQube releasing this in the West is almost the antithesis of Koei Tecmo deciding ‘not’ to release Dead or Alive: Xtreme 3 in the same region.
In some ways similar to Senran Kagura this third person brawler retains the clothing destruction mechanic but unlike Senran Kagura, the more a girl is ‘turned on’ the bigger her breasts grow and the better weapon she becomes. Yep, becomes a weapon!
You see, it works like this. In the game world the girls have become infected with the Armed Virus. This virus infects the girls in one of two ways; as an Extar the girl becomes a high powered weapon when sexually aroused and as a Liberator, after triggering a transformation, a girl has the power to wield a weaponised Extar. Thus… When two girls, an Extar and a Liberator hook up, they become a fighting unit. The bigger the girls breasts and the better the relationship between the two the more powerful a weapon they become. (That being said, I’d LOVE to meet Kenichiro Takaki, his mind must be permanently in the gutter, he’s like my hero!)
To recap, from the official PR blurb:
– When two girls get it on – one girl turns into a super weapon
– Wield your incredible pleasure powered weapons to take on hordes of enemies
– Ultra-fast hack and slash action with a focus on stylish aerial combos
– Power up your weapons by turning on your girlfriends
– Weapons can be levelled up in strength up to 15 times – getting bigger and more awesome looking every time
– Take your favourite girls into the dressing room and rub and touch to raise their levels
– Choose between 7 playable characters to master
– Return of the clothing destruction system – clothes get more ripped the more you fight
– 28 Story Missions to tackle – with high quality anime visuals
– Battle it out in arena based online multiplayer – up to 4 players
Now please! Just give us a release date already and take my money for the Super Oppai F-Cup Collector’s edition.
(I made that last bit up by the way).